Sunday, November 14, 2010

Boston Re-Cap Continued

Have I mentioned how much I LOVED Boston??  It is truly a beautiful and unique city.  It is so different than what I expected.  I expected this hustle and bustle, basically what you would expect in New York City.  I was so wrong.  There is definitely a lot of people, a lot of chaos, but it seems SO laid back all at the same time.

Like I mentioned the other day, we went to view the city from 50 stories up.  This was one of my favorite shots:

Our final day in the city we decided to check out the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Boston Science Museum.  Both were AWESOME, but we didn't get nearly enough time in either.  We had to rush to get back to the hotel to get ready for MY favorite part of the whole trip.

The Museum of Fine Arts.  Unbelievable.  This place was HUGE, and the works on display were breathtaking.  I never imagined I would get to see so many pieces of classic art in their original form.
In between our museum visits, we went over to Cheers!  This was another one of my requests, but I was sadly disappointed.
The downstairs part was very dark and crowded, and it was cut in half to accommodate a gift shop.  Major bummer.  To eat lunch, we were sent upstairs to the "replica set bar."  I was really disappointed that the set was not preserved and turned into something so commercial.

FINALLY!! It was time to get back to the hotel to shower and get ready to go see Wicked! at the B0st0n 0pera H0use.  I hadn't seen the show yet, and I was thrilled for my first chance to see it.  The opera house was completely breathtaking.  After a rather ridiculous and scary cab ride (aka the driver had no idea where the opera house was, Jason had to be the one to direct him) I was a little concerned about the opera house.  It looked so narrow from the street, "smooshed" in between two other buildings.  We walked in, and were completely blown away by this view in the foyer:
And the ceilings!
A nice couple took a picture of us right before we went into the theatre.
I was able to score one shot of the stage and view of the inside of the theatre before the usher told me to put my camera away:

The show was absolutely amazing.  I had very high expectations for the show, and my expectations were very highly exceeded.  The music, the set, the plot, everything about it was perfect.  It was a wonderful night out to celebrate our last evening in the city.  Our final day of our trip would  be traveling to Salem and Gloucester, the city where my husband was born.  More on that later! :)

4 comments:

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I LOVE the dress you wore to Wicked...you look gorgeous! I loved it when I saw it too, I had no idea it would be so great!

Jamie said...

Didn't you just love Wicked?! We saw it back in February and loved it :) Great picture of you and your hubby too!

Amy Lynn said...

I love your re-caps. I get to see all the cool pictures all over again, but with more story :)

Sarah said...

Love the trip photos!! It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! Oh and I'm super jealous you got to see Wicked.....I've been dying to go!!!!!

Please tell me it isn't worth it so I can stop being sad..... :-)