Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Fever

This weather is starting to get to me. I'm DYING to get outside, go to the beach, lay by the pool, wear my summer dresses, etc. It's so gorgeous outside and my all window office makes my spring fever that much higher.

I'm so ready for a vacation. Jason and I will be going to the Riviera Maya for our honeymoon, and I CANNOT wait. We will be on the side of the island that has some dangerous tide, so our resort has a man made beach/lagoon instead of the real thing. Which actually works well for me. I'm a lover of calmer water, and a lounge chair instead of the sand. I love walking on the beach, and viewing the ocean from my room, but I'm much more of a pool girl!




How can someone not be in heaven at a place like this?! It's an all inclusive resort with 7 restaurants, 2 snack bars, and as many tours of the Mayan ruins that you can manage to fit into your week! We hope to go to Tulum and Chichen Itza.


Tulum:














And Chichen Itza:









There are a few others that we hope to squeeze in as well, but the tours only run on certain days and times and some tend to overlap. I've never been to Mexico before, so I am SUPER excited about it! I was originally nervous that we had procrastinated way too long to get our passports, but thankfully they arrived in just 3 short weeks. So we should be good to go! We will be flying out the morning after the wedding, and spending 7 glorious days in the sun!

Jason's brother Victor gave us a wonderful wedding present by allowing us to use his frequent flyer miles to make our trip. All we had to pay were the taxes on the seats, so we got two tickets to Mexico for $120!! Not too shabby! It was a huge help from Victor, as the cheapest flights we could find were nearly $1300. We are also using my grandparents timeshare exchange, which allowed us to save the money on the room and only have to pay the all inclusive fee. All in all, it's still a fairly expensive trip, but I feel like it's going to be so well worth it. Once we nosedive into really caring for our home, working, and starting a family in the next few years, I don't see us finding the time to get away and take a trip like this for quite a while. Might as well act on it while we feel like we can!


Speaking of spring fever, it's currently a man's Christmas. Yes, ladies, I'm talking about March Madness. You can kiss your men goodbye until April as they are starting their love affair with ESPN and CBS.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like basketball, I really do. I enjoy going to games, and watching some on television with my Dad and fiance. But only when it's a team I really like and support. Of course, I'm a huge WKU fan, also a Louisville Cardinals fan, and am "marrying into" being a University of North Carolina fan. But that's pretty much where it stops. Sure, there are a few teams that I am interested in how they do that I'm not a fan of, but that doesn't mean I want to watch every minute of every game.

I can't seem to comprehend the concept that they can sit in front of the television from 10am to 10pm watching EVERY single game that comes on during these few weeks. What's the craze? You never watch Purdue and Northern Iowa on TV during the regular season, why is it a MUST SEE during tournament time? Who knows.


However, I do plan on having my rear end firmly planted on my beautiful couch in my beautiful new home at 8:55 tomorrow evening. Let's GO TOPS!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loved the pictures. your honeymoon is going to be such a paradise! wow. we are growing up. weeeeird.