Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Worry and Fear versus Faith and Trust

I have something I want to share with you all today.  If you have been reading for any period of time, you know my current battles of trusting that God is putting me exactly where I am supposed to be.  These heart issues are for a reason, not being able to work during my pregnancy is happening for a reason, everything going on in my life is happening for a reason.  A lot of you can probably tell I'm really struggling with this although I know it is a part of God's plan.  But that doesn't make me feel any better.

I e-mailed one of my dearest and best friends of 10 years (holy cow Ally, it's been 10 years!) with a huge e-mail full of negativity and sadness a few days ago.  It's good to have a friend that you can share your ugly side with.  Straight up, I told her that I didn't want to hear that God has a plan.  I know he does.  I don't want to hear that this will all be worth it in June.  I'm well aware of that.  I don't want to hear it is all going to be ok.  I know that too.  I know ALL of these things already, but I don't want to hear them anymore.  They just don't make me feel better right now.  As an imperfect human, I'm all about that instant gratification and I want something that makes me feel better NOW.  They are comforting statements in the beginning, but then they begin to sound redundant and are less comforting.  So what does she do?

She responds to simply tell me to "just keep swimming" and to watch this video of a sermon she heard at her church recently.  It was so incredible and hit me exactly in the place that needed to be hit.  I know I'm not the only on that doesn't have it all together, so I wanted to share it with you too.

The video is quite long, a little under 40 minutes.  If you have the time, please take a few to find some comfort in your own worries and struggles by watching this video.  I promise that you won't be sorry.

Worry? There's an App for That. from Southland Christian Church on Vimeo.

Sometimes you have to understand that it is all right to not have it all together, and all you have to do is "just keep swimming."

Thank goodness for good friends. :)

No comments: