You Will Need:
Vegetable Oil (just enough to coat the bottom of a skillet, about 2 or 3 Tbsp)
1 onion (I substitute with about 1 Tbsp of minced onion because we aren't huge onion fans)
Jalapeno Peppers (Use as little or as much of these as you like, spending on your desire for spice)
3 Garlic Cloves (or 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. Minced Onion)
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp salt
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4-6 cans of Great Northern White Beans
- Begin boiling your chicken on the stove stop until cooked through (about 20-25 minutes)
- Once chicken is cooked through, shred or chop
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium/high heat
- Chop onion, peppers, and garlic and add to skillet
- Sprinkle in cumin, oregano and salt
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (if you substitute the onion and garlic for the minced onion and minced garlic, this may be less time and you will want to stir frequently to avoid burning)
- Combine all ingredients with beans into your pot.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer. The longer you allow to simmer (which is why I prefer the Crock Pot) the better the spices and ingredients blend.
The best part of this recipe is that you can make adjustments for all of these ingredients on measurements. If you like more garlic, add more garlic. This recipe accommodates for alterations that work well for your family preferences.
Once cooled to the touch, you can place this in a Food Saver bag and freeze. To unthaw, simply leave in hot water. Reheat again on the stove or Crock Pot whenever you are ready.
Let me know if you have questions!