Friday, January 7, 2011

A Brief Update

I'm still here in the hospital.  I'm waiting for the fluid to finish draining so rapidly so the doctors can take out the drain.  The waiting and the pain are beginning to frustrate and wear on me.  My spirits were definitely not in good shape yesterday, but today is a little better.

I was hoping to get my drain out today, but it pulled out 900cc's of fluid yesterday, so that is now not an option.  Which means definitely an extra day in the hospital.  Once the drain is out, they will do another ECHO 24 hours after the removal to make sure the window is working the way it is supposed to.  Please pray that it does.  I'm not sure I can physically take much more surgery or pain that results from it.  After a clear ECHO, we can then discuss discharging me from the hospital.

They are still working to find another reason for the fluid to do the best thing they know how to prevent it from returning.  So far, every thing they have examined has lead the doctors to a dead end.

Ethan's heartbeat is still nice and strong, so it is a great comfort to know he is still cozy and comfortable, even if I'm not.

I'll attempt to update you as I know more.

3 comments:

Laura Darling said...

I'm so sorry you're back in the hospital. I hope they can figure things out for good this time and you can have an uneventful second half of your pregnancy! I'm praying for you and Ethan!

Kerr said...

my fingers are crossed for good news for you!

Lyr said...

Still praying for you girly!!