Thursday, December 9, 2010

Doctor Updates

Thank you all again so much for the sweet and encouraging words, prayers, and warm wishes. I've been overwhelmed with love through this blog, and it is appreciated so much more than I can ever communicate to you.

Last week, with my swelling and shortness of breath, my doctor felt that it was necessary to seek a second opinion with a high-risk specialist. I'm glad my doctor is super cautious, but I was fearful at the words "high risk."

My high risk appointment was today. The doctor I met was very attentive and answered all of my questions. The bottom line is this. Swelling to this extent this early, along with a racing heart and shortness of breath are of concern. Over the next few days, I have appointments/tests to "rule out" any type of heart or kidney problems. The high risk specialist told me that she feels that these tests, especially the cardiology ones, will come back fine based on my good health prior to the pregnancy.

If all tests come back that they are NOT the cause of these complications, she will then assume it is my body reacting to a large surge of progesterone and the larger volume of blood flow, and I can be medicated for those. She also told me that my job with excessive travel and extreme stress is also likely to be exacerbating the problem, so bed rest is still a strong possibility.

I feel much better today to be en route to getting some answers. I'm not afraid of these next few days and excessive tests. I'm relieved to be closer to finding some comfort and having a plan of action. I'm also relieved that these complications are currently not impacting the growth or progress of sweet Baby Cannoli.

Cardiology tests tomorrow, kidney/blood work Monday, regular O.B. appointment Monday afternoon. It's going to be a hectic few days, but I'm looking forward to getting this part behind us. Thank you again for sticking with me during my negative days, I'm definitely feeling much more positive now.


Jamie said...

I'm glad she was able to let you know what could be wrong! Hope everything goes well!

Amy Lynn said...

I'm so glad you found the time to post this update :) I read it last night before bed and said a special prayer for you and Baby Cannoli. I can't wait to hear your results... Love you, and praying for you! So glad you are feeling better about the whole ordeal.

Brittney said...

Keep us updated on your and sweet Baby Cannoli's progress and results!

Rachel said...

I hope everything goes well Paige! I am sure since you found out what could be wrong you feel lot better! You and your Baby cannoli are in my prayers this week! Have a great weekend!