Thursday, July 2, 2009

:(

I'm in a bad mood.  

I woke up yesterday morning with the worst crick in my neck.  I thought I must have slept on it wrong, so I took some ibuprofen and went on my merry little way to work.  Medicine didn't help.  By the time I went home to my Mom's for lunch, stiffness was setting in.  I could turn my head to the right, tilt it to the right, and SLIGHTLY look up, but anything to the left was impossible.  Mom gave me some Bayer aspirin, thinking that would relieve some of the pain.

5 pm came, and my neck was in so much pain I was ready to cry.  I dropped my keys in the parking lot at work, and bending over was blinding.  I had already sat down in my car, so I managed to slide out onto the pavement and pick them up.  I was REALLY frustrated at this point, but I still couldn't go home just yet.  I still had to head over to feed the dog of my coworker that was out of town.  I show up at his house, unlock the door to the shed, only to find NO food.  Where the heck was it?  It was always in the shed, where else could it be? I walked around the outside of the shed, but was fresh out of luck.  I called my coworker.  No answer.  By this time I was fresh out of any kind of patience that may be left.  I sat down and cried.  And then I drove home, and cried the whole way home.  Poor Jason had no idea what to do with me. I couldn't get comfortable, and I couldn't even raise my arms to take off the shirt that I wore to work that day.  So I ended up in bed, still in the shirt I wore to work, trying to find some form of comfort.

My coworker finally called back, so my wonderful husband set off to feed his dog, and to stop at my parents for a neck pillow.  My mother had a terrible neck injury several years ago, so she had lots of different ideas on how to make me comfortable, as well as supplies!  The neck pillow did help quite a bit, but I still couldn't sleep well.  It was awful trying to roll over, but staying in one position made me feel stiff all over.

This morning was even worse than last night.  I couldn't sit up on my own.  I had to hold my neck with both hands, let Jason lift me from my back, and use my abs with all my might to get up.  My next task was to walk to the bathroom and by the time I was in there, I felt faint.  Back to bed it was.  Work was just not in the picture for me.  Of course, the frustration of not being able to move cause more tears.  I felt like I dang turtle stuck on his back. 

Jason was set to stay home with me, but I sent him on to work since he is fresh out of vacation time.  And now, so am I.  My mom came over to sit with me this morning and to drive me to the doctor.  The doctor said that for whatever reason, the muscle was in spasm. After a shot of Cortizone, and prescriptions for muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatories, I was at my Mom's house to try to sleep off the rest of this.  So far, no such luck.

I'm scared of the muscle relaxer.  I've never taken one before, so I don't know what to expect, and I'm not exactly the best at handling medicine.  It often makes me feel loopy or druggy, so I really just don't want to take it.  Let's hope it isn't too bad, I'm putting it off until bedtime.

I'm in a bad mood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!!! I'm so sad for you. I would have sat down and cried too. I hope everything works out! I'm thankful for Jason and your mom. I'm sure you are too!

Amy Lynn said...

:( Feel better cousin. Love you!