Monday, June 6, 2011

An Insightful Conversation with Riley

My sister and brother-in-law have been working with Riley on how people are related.  She is learning everyone's full name, including her parents.  She definitely knows her parents full names, as well as Ethan's , mine, and her own.  She is doing well to understand that her Granny is also our mother, her Pappy is our Daddy, her Mommy is my sister, etc.  However, there is one concept that we haven't quite mastered yet.  In-laws.

Riley: Paige, what did you just call my Daddy?
Me: Adam.
Riley: Why? That's not his name, his name is Daddy.
Me: Yes, but remember his full name is Adam ___.  He's your Daddy, not mine.  So I call him Adam.
Riley:  I'm not so happy about that.

:)

4 comments:

Mrs. Lukie said...

Hahaha! Now that is too cute & got a laugh out of me this morning ;)

Amy Lynn said...

LOL! That is always such a confusing concept... she just makes it so much more interesting :)

Brittany Ann said...

LOL! Gotta love kids!

Jax said...

haha.. I'm not so happy about that... haha.. awesome.