Thursday, October 29, 2009

Confession

Hi, my name is Paige and I have a confession to make.

I'm officially obsessed with Taylor Swift!
Seriously, it's bad. Jason and I are planning a trip to Texas in March to see/meet the family that didn't get to make it to our wedding. I've recently learned that Taylor will be in Houston in May, so I'm working on a postponement of this trip so that we can see Jason's family and Taylor Swift all in one trip! AH!! I know, it's bad.

I know she isn't the most incredible singer in the country music industry, but she is an incredible song writer, tons of fun, and totally relatable. And her singing as really grown and improved since she started.

I saw on Yahoo this morning that Taylor Swift was going to be on the Ellen Show today. It was my husband's day to come home and let the dog out, and he so sweetly set the DVR for me to get to watch Taylor this evening. This girl is just so stinking cute! I think she handles her personal life in the spotlight with class, and is so genuinely thankful for all the love her fans give her. She's a doll, and I'm ridiculously obsessed.

Which is why it should be no surprise to you that when I discovered that I was THREE days late purchasing her Fearless Platinum Edition, Jason and I hopped in the car and headed out to buy it. Our first store was sold out. But they DID have a 6 song Taylor Swift Christmas CD that I had to grab as well. Our second stop gave us better luck, and I am now spending my evening listening to Taylor's 6 new songs, and watching the DVD of the included music videos and behind the scenes tours.

I really don't like MySpace at all, but Jason's nieces are on there, so I keep my account open to e-mail them. Ok, I lie. I also look at Taylor Swift's MySpace page and watch her hilarious videos with her crew. If you ever get time, watch them, they are SO funny!

Ok. I feel better now that you all know my secret (or not so secret) love for Taylor Swift.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

OH i am SO glad i'm not the only one!!!! this is right up next to my love of twilight! haha but i love her more then twilight thats for sure!

Rachel said...

I'm obsessed with her too! I listen to her CD everyday on the way to work, but I haven't gotten the new one yet. I really want to see her live!

Brittney said...

I am right there with you! She's so fun and her songs are so fun as well!

Love her!

Shannon said...

I don't listen to her songs, but there's that one song that I *have* heard on tv, and it's about her being the normal girl and not the cheerleader?

C loves that song.. he goes around singing only ONE VERSE from it ALL the time.. "she wears high heels, I wear sneakers. She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers" or something? HA. He loves it :]

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her too! I have her first two cds but haven't gotten the new platinum one yet. She is going to be in concert near me just a few days before my birthday and I wanted to go SOOO bad, but they sold out of all tickets in about an hour. :(

Stephanie H said...

I sometimes wonder if it is lame to be a 26 year old that loves all of her music...but then I say...who cares! I know she isn't the most fabulous performer, but her music just hits me!

Anonymous said...

I'm another huge Taylor fan! my obsession for her started when a friend of mine had a ticket to her concert that she had to get rid of. so I bought it from her... not really too excited but I'm always up to going to a concert. And I LOVED IT!

Her songs are so catchy and she's so stinkin' adorable :)

Jax said...

Ha! I too LOVE Taylor!!!! She's just a doll! And I totally recorded her on Ellen, too! That's hilarious! :)