Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mid-Week Randoms

-Things have been quiet around here because I've been working on a series of posts regarding our failures on breastfeeding, but I haven't quite worked up the nerve to post them yet.  Maybe next week.

-Ethan has started pulling up on EVERYTHING.  Most of the time he ends up only on his knees, or on one knee before deciding that something else is interesting, but WOW.  Already? I thought I had more time to adjust to the crawling before this started.

-I was contacted by our cardiology team in Nashville this week.  The hospital is getting a brand new heart facility that they are saying "only happens once in a hospital's history."  They called wanting to know if I would be willing to share our story with them to use in some of their PR for the new facility.  I'm so honored to be a part of making such a wonderful facility look fabulous.  I'm even more honored that such a large hospital felt that my story was touching enough to want to share it with others.  What a horrible year that was, but I'm feeling very proud that maybe it can be used for some good now.

-I still get a lot of questions about my pregnancy with Ethan from people that I've met since the surgeries, people I haven't seen in a while, etc.  Yesterday was one of those conversations.  She asked me how far along I was in my pregnancy when all of this happened.  I responded with "13 weeks at the first surgery, 16 weeks at the second."  She looked at me oddly and said, "Well thank goodness you weren't like 5 months or anything.  At least you weren't very far along so it wouldn't have been as bad if you lost the baby."  Um, excuse me?  Nice. Thank you.

-We've gone from tornadic weather to crazy cold in Kentucky this week.  It's going to be a long storm season if this is starting now.  Tornado warnings are a lot scarier when there is a little one to worry about.  I was at work when the warning hit, and I knew he was safe with my Mom, but I kept thinking: "I'm not there.  What if he gets scared? What if the noises freak him out, and I'm not there? What if something actually does happen?" Mom paranoia is setting in.

-Ethan fell this week and hit his mouth on the ground.  Poor little guy has never cried so hard.  The next morning, he got a grip on a plastic hanger and decided to make it his new chew toy.  It slipped and jabbed him underneath his tongue and we had another crying fiasco.  Poor kid has had a hard week, and has been pretty insistent on being held as much as possible ever since. 

-Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: