Sunday, May 29, 2011

37 Weeks

 37 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 152, making my total is 28 pounds by my scale, 21 pounds by the doctors scale.


Maternity clothes? Non-maternity shirts, skirts and dresses, but ALL maternity pants.  

Stretch marks? Just the ones on the rear.  No new ones on the belly or anywhere else.

Sleep: Pretty decent this week.  There was only a night or two that I was completely restless.

Best moment this week: Getting a quick peak at Ethan! I had my first "check" for progress and since there was absolutely none, they did a quick ultrasound to check his position.  He is head down, and looks just like his Daddy.  Melt.  I have been hoping that he would look like Jason.



Movement: Still rockin' and rollin'.



Food cravings: Eh.  I don't have much of an appetite at all.  I eat because I have to.

Gender: Our sweet baby Ethan Bryant Orlando.



Labor Signs: Nothing at all.  Ethan isn't engaged, my cervix is still closed completely.  He's extremely comfortable in there.



Belly Button in or out? A floutie most of the time, but when he's moving, it's all outie.



Wedding rings on or off? Still on other than sleep!



What I miss: Not having to listen to rude comments.  I bought a dress at Target yesterday, and when I tried it on at home it was too big.  So I went back to exchange it for a smaller size, and told the man I needed to exchange it for a smaller size.  While he was ringing it up, he looked at me and said "You said this was too BIG?!" I of course told him yes.  He chuckled under his breath and said, "Ha well ok then."  It wasn't until about 5 minutes later that I realized that stupid man LAUGHED at me for saying something was too big!  I definitely miss not having to hear people's opinions on my appearance.

What I am looking forward to: Our family baby shower next weekend!



Weekly Wisdom: Get through your moments of discomfort with laughter.  I've learned that I feel a lot more comfortable with my new OB by joking with him.  (Quick story:  I had my first cervical check Wednesday.  I told him that I had misplaced a quarter of mine, and if he could find it, it was his.  His face turned bright red, but then he laughed. He said that if he had a quarter in his pocket, now would be the perfect time to pretend to find it.  It was HILARIOUS.  It definitely made an uncomfortable moment much lighter and helped me become more relaxed for a very uncomfortable moment.)  



Milestones: We reached full term this week!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a 37 week celebration! Congrats!

That's hilarious about the joke with your OB. I could never have a care provider that didn't have a sense of humor.