Sunday, April 4, 2010

DIY: Guest Bedroom

I LOVE Do It Yourself projects! I have been looking for the perfect comforter to go with the purple sheer curtain in this picture:
That came from my parents house, and I have always absolutely loved it! We finally found the perfect comforter, and I was able to use that beautiful fabric to highlight our guest bedroom!  My Mom helped me get it just right, and we ended up cutting a lot of fabric off at the end for "other use."  I was super excited to play around with it, and now I want to show you all!

First, we found these frames on sale...


...but the color didn't quite go with our headboard.  So my husband taped off the glass (no, we didn't just remove the glass because the glass was so thin we broke two and had to return them):
Then, he spray painted them black:


Inside, I took that fabric that I just love and wrapped a piece of cream colored matte board like a Christmas present:

And ended up with something like this:

And THEN our frames dried, and they started looking like this:

LOVE it! I love how they look like framed watercolors.  Jason brought in a few extra frames that he found at work that weren't being used and we decided to do something a bit different with them.  They were already pre-matted, and I loved the idea of a black and white photo.

So Jason hung my panels on the wall over our guest bed...
...and hung the other right at the entrance of the room:
I love our completed look! So easy, and yet I think it turned out so classy! Do you like?

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Very creative and cute!

Angie Repetti said...

It looks beautiful! We have such a creative family! Great job!

Amy Lynn said...

I love it! It really pulled everything together :)

Brittney said...

Very classy!

Kristin said...

I LOVE IT! I would def sleep peacefully in there!!!

katie + bret said...

Check you guys out!! Keep the DIY projects coming please - I will need them for when Bret and I move!!

Laura and Ryan said...

It looks great! You guys did an excellent job! :)

Screen Door Prep said...

Love it! The result of your hard work looks great!