Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Recap

I'm so behind these days! I've been finding it harder to blog because the things on my mind lately are things I really can't share with the internet world. My sweet kiddos at work that I spend every day with come home with me in my thoughts, and I wish I could share their stories. Sadly, due to confidentiality rules and out of respect to their privacy, I can't. So I've been finding it harder to find topics on my blog. I'm working it out though, and trying to get in a new groove!

Anyway, it's time to recap! Jason and I got lots of Christmas cards this year, and I found this envelope the funniest:

This card came from one of Jason's family members, and I thought it was so cute that they put my name on the envelope instead of his. I've been teasing him about being "Mrs. Orlando" for a few weeks now. :)

We had a long day trip to visit family for Christmas, and couldn't bear the thought of Fenway staying in his "bed" that long without food or water. So after removing the toilet paper, picking up the rugs, and raising everything else out of Fenway's reach, we left him safely in our bathroom with lots of toys, food, and water. Except...


Fenway kind of likes to rearrange his bowls, remember? Well, apparently the new, heavier bowls did not stop our sweet puppy, and he overturned his bowl. What a mess!! And, Jason and I forgot ONE tiny thing. My ROBE on the back of the bathroom door!
Sigh. I love that robe. It was perfect length, and towel material just like I love. I hope we can find another one. Jason picked that robe out for me during one of our Christmases as a dating couple together. I'll spare you the photo of the strings of this robe AFTER Fenway ate them and threw them up.


I stayed pretty sick all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Thank goodness for finnigrin, after dose 2 or 3 (I can't remember), the medcine finally worked out they were supposed to. I'll spare you the details. You're welcome.

And NOW, we have taken down all of our lovely Christmas decorations and created a new centerpiece for our kitchen table to ring in the New Year! I wanted something subtle, and yet still cozy.







I can't wait to get all those candles lit for a few romantic dinners!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

aww I've missed you! I'm glad you're back! I know what you mean about not being able to blog about work! there are some days when I feel like this would be the BEST thing to help me get over whatever traumatic event I saw, but no.

Shannon said...

oh no... Paigey.. I hate illnesses when finnigrin is required :[ Those are the WORST! We started letting Piper stay out and roam the house in early December.. and she's never pooped/peed or done anything wrong.. it's a miracle! But she's also a girl, so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, I'm glad you're feeling better, and I'm sorry about your robe :\ that's the pits! :[

Brittney said...

Your house is sooo cute!

I'm so glad you're feeling better, too. :)

Amy Lynn said...

It definitely takes some time to get used to not being able to share everything you see and hear throughout the day. Ed keeps telling me that one day most things won't seem like such a big deal because I'll see it so often. I hope he's right, but I hope that I never lose the compassion that I feel when I first hear someone's story.

I sowry your robe got devoured, but thank you for not showing us the aftermath :) As well as the details about your illness. But I'm glad you are all better!!!!

And your centerpiece is pretty.. but your house always looks warm and cozy to me...