Sunday, May 27, 2012

11 Months

My Little Love,

You are ELEVEN months old today.  I cannot believe you are as big as this.  I still feel like you are my brand new baby, my sweet tiny newborn.  You are still such a sweet cuddle buddy that I can't fathom that we are going to be celebrating your BIRTHDAY in only a month.  How is it that you have so quickly turned from my baby into my little boy?

                                           

You weigh about 21.5 pounds and are in size 3 diapers.  You are still my champion eater and still so tiny. You are in size 3 diapers, 12 month clothing, and are getting taller by the day.  You LOVE trying new things, exploring and investigating, and discovering how things work.

One of your most recent discoveries is the steering wheel.  While the car was completely OFF, we decided to let you take a stab at how it felt behind the wheel.  We also let you take a spin in a kid-size car, and I can't help but feel my heart overflow and realize how quickly it will be that we will be teaching you to drive for real.


One of my favorite sights is to watch you sleep.  You are so sweet, so peaceful, no matter where you fall asleep.


One of my favorite features about you is your hair! I love how much it curls!


You are starting to enjoy your juice in your sippy cup more and more.  I never thought you would transition to a cup, but the trick was just finding you one with a straw.  You LOVE Cran-Grape juice.

                                     


It's already a really hot summer, and Granny has been putting you in her kiddie pool a lot.  It's always a sure-fire way to keep you happy.


You are getting extremely close to walking, but you aren't quite brave enough to try it without anything nearby for you to slightly touch.  Sometimes you walk around a room, slightly skimming the wall for support, but you won't put that hand down.  It's coming soon, and I'm afraid you will take off running with your first steps.




You are getting better about riding in the cart, but sometimes we have to put "friends" in there for you so that you don't get lonely.


You have so many facial expressions, and they make us laugh all the time.  Of course, our favorite expression of yours is your smile.  We went on an outdoor adventure a few days ago, and you LOVED getting covered in dirt, mud, and grass.  It was so cute to see my little boy covered in grass stains, because I know one of these days I will be cursing those grass stains on your brand new outfit.



I still think you may be part dog. ;)



You are such a fun addition to our family.  I love that you are talking so much now.  Your vocabulary is quickly growing, and you say: Mama, Dada, Dog, Uh-oh, and "Ha" (for Granny's dog Hoss).  Fenway is still your best friend, although he is starting to frustrate you a little that he doesn't like being pulled up on. You are growing way too fast for me.  I need you to stay my baby for a little while longer.  I love watching you grow, and I know I will always see you as my baby boy, but can you please just STAY my baby for a little longer?

I love you,
Mommy

2 comments:

Lessons in Life and Light said...

He is so cute and I love love LOVE his curls! Happy 11 months, cutie!

Erika said...

He's going to be a mover really soon! He is so adorable Paige. Happy 11 months, E!